Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas to us...


Living in a wreck warps ones sense of normal. At work on Friday, everyone was exchanging plans for Christmas Eve - Shopping, cooking, family visits, and for us, replacing the sewer stack. I think most of my coworkers think I have inhaled too much lead dust.
This was the first full day I have had off in awhile, and as I thought, it took all day and three trips to the hardware store. I started by cutting below the main crack, and after cutting all the way through several hundred pounds of cast iron came down and pinned the blade. Steve ended up having to sledgehammer the rest of the thing to bits, and then I had to go through our bedroom closet to cut the vent pipes , but overall it was not too bad, just very tiring. It is going to take us awhile to get used to having a bathroom sink now. We have been using the kitchen sink only fo r the past few months. Now if only the bedroom doors would close...

No comments: