Friday, May 28, 2010

Weekend Plans

Unlike many people who will spend this Holiday weekend on trips or relaxing by the pool, we will have a full on house weekend - Its looks like we are going to be having the house apprised soon and so we need to take care of a few...ahem details to make things look presentable - after living so long with odd little unfurnished projects we have become a little blinded, so tonight is the non rose colored glasses night - So far, the list includes:

1. Fix the hallway wall so it aligns correctly ( will involve a jack and some wood)
2. Replacing the hardwood floor in the hallway ( have vintage oak flooring in the basement for this project)
3. Paint the front porch and column bases (The cement cap project will continue.....)
4. Replace the baseboard in the bathroom that is too short since we replaced the sink cabinet.
5. Install trim around the tub enclosure that has been on the to do list since we moved in...
6. Fix the hole in the wall I made when I decided to wiggle a loose pipe in the basement, which caused it to break through the wall, I suspect it was to the original 1910 wall mounted water heater)
7. Replace a few of the peel and stick floor tiles in the kitchen that have slipped (That's what happens when you stick them on top of the old linoleum... and I will admit that was my doing, since we are planning to replace the the whole thing with tile at some future date and I was not in the mood at the time to peel up the linoleum)

Hopefully that will do the trick for now - we will see what we can get done!

1 comment:

Chris said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I think you are more ambitious than I am though. I can't stomach indoor projects once it gets nice. Hope it went well.