Monday, August 27, 2007

Building time is here!

Hooray! we have turned a corner and have started to add things rather than remove - The rest of the rotted bathroom floor came up and I spent the evening in the basement sistering the joists so I can install the new sub floor.
We also got a nice visit from my Realtor who stopped by to check on our progress and drop off some very nice gifts - a bottle of Champagne, some lovely glasses, a Lowes Gift card and a very nice card. She is a gem and I would recommend her a million times over.
After a nice visit, we got back to work and Steve attached the remnants of the rat droppings with the shop vac, and did a ton of scrubbing on some of the nastiest areas. We have almost gotten rid of the smell completely, and I think after tonight we should be in really good shape. He also found a very old circa 1910 label nailed on the top shelf of the front bedroom closet. It looks like a railroad shipping label.
Well, its back to my hardware chemistry tonight before bed- I brought a set of hinges and a door plate to do my backing soda paint removal trick.

1 comment:

Sandy and Michael said...

Wow, so much progress in so little time. It looks great so far :)

sandy