Saturday, August 11, 2007

Insurance...

Wow, its the little things that make it feel like its really happening. I called to arrange for Hazard Insurance and after the phone call, It hit me that I am actually going be in the house soon. This has been a crazy roller coaster that started back in March when I first saw the house. I can't wait to get over there with my tools and get to work. The word now is Wednesday or Thursday, so we are keeping our fingers crossed. I brought all of my Window Glazing tools and pneumatic nailer's to get the windows fixed right away, an several weeks ago I had bought some new deadbolt locks for the doors. Why a nail gun for window repair? It will use it to nail the wood glazing strips, which are used in place of #$%@ glass putty. In my past lives I worked as a carpenter and have repaired lots of wood windows and have come to despise glass putty. Its a royal pain to both install and remove, and I think the wood looks much nicer. I will replace any of the broken sash cords at the same time so the windows will open and close properly. Wednesday, here we come!

No comments: