Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Why do I answer my Phone?

Today I get out of a meeting at work and there is a message on my desk phone, cell phone, and an email from my loan guy... Not good considering Escrow is supposed to close shortly. I call him and find out that the bank will not count my Escrow deposit towards the amount of available cash reserves needed to approve the loan. So I need to come up with some mega cash quickly... Fun Fun Fun...
Today was also supposed to be the walk through of the house to make sure that everything was still in the mouldering disorder it was when I fell in love with the place... I don't want to be shortchanged any filth I agreed too. We get there an my agent gets the key out of the lock box, an low and low and behold, the key does not work. The lock has been changed, and the new key was not put into the lock box. We tried the back door, the key worked but their is a security chain across it, so needless to say, no walk though today. The other little gift was nice gang graffiti on the front porch to welcome me.. My agent was very nice and took me to a nice dinner and drinks, I had a couple of Gin martinis an suddenly, things don't seem so bad, there are also a little wobbly, but thats a different story.
In any case, I know everything will work out and I am working with my Loan Guy and Agent to get past this hurdle. I have been waiting since March, what is a few more days in the grand scheme of things? The other reminder of today was that being at the house and in the neighborhood makes me so happy. I just Love Love Love that house and neighborhood, and soon, I will call it HOME.

No comments: