Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Walkthrough Today

Well, today was the final walk through with the Realtor, and everything is set to close tomorrow. We also discovered we have some sort of critters in the attic ... yuck. Time to call the exterminator. I will also want them to remove the bodies. I have dealt with corpses before and its beyond disgusting.
I started the phone calls today to track down the new commode for the bathroom. Strange as it sounds, there is a specific model I want from Crane Plumbing - I bought the one for our Long Beach house at Lowes five years ago, and just love the vintage look. Unfortunately, Lowes no longer carries the the thing, so I have to track it down elsewhere. I ended up calling a place in El Cajon and was transfered to a women named Velma, who bless her heart is going to get me a price later this week. And yes, she sounded like a Velma.
I also discovered that the neighborhood has a very well organized community development organization that is working to attract more business to the little business district and to spruce up Golden Hill Park. In the past few years, they have worked with the San Diego Police department to address crime, an have help orchestrate the addition on new street trees and putting power lines underground. They have also added these really cool signs as you enter the area. The more I learn about the area, the more I love my new neighborhood.
We made a trip to Lowes to get a few more preparation supplies, and I found some perfect house numbers for 2.50 each. Its so exciting to actually buy the numbers for the new house - it makes it feel more real. Lowes was also having a amazing sale on light fixtures, an we ended up with five for $5 each. These were originally $48 - $90 so we stocked up.
Well, my next update will be as a Homeowner.....

No comments: